Like Us on Facebook
Welcome to Mountain Bikes Apart!
This site is all about... you guessed it... Mountain biking! I've been riding my fat tyre steed for a good 8 years now and have built up a bunch of stories and experience over the years. Mountain Bikes Apart is my attempt to log some of it, and hopefully help you lot in your biking endevours along the way.
There's a fair chunk of information on Mountain Bikes Apart about just that, taking mountain bikes apart, maintaining them, and bike building as a hobby. I've been building my own bikes since 2008 and get a ton of satisfaction out of riding my own custom mountain bike, set up just how I like it.
Over the last few years, I've also been doing a fair bit of mountain bike racing, along with a few triathlons. I've been writing a fair bit about that recently and cover some of the bigger bike races in Scotland.
Anyway, enjoy the show and be sure to contact me to let me know what you think, either on the contact page, or in the comments on any of the pages.
- The Red Island Ride: Ultra Endurance Mountain Bike Races
- Getting into Cycling For Women: Tips on Hitting the Saddle & Feeling Great
- What Makes a Ladies Mountain Bike Unique?
- Mountain Bike Saddle Guide: Types, Components & Top Saddle Brands
- Bamboo Mountain Bike Clothing: Wicking, Anti-Bacterial, Ethical
- Top 5 Womens Mountain Bikes on the Market Today
- Better Turbo Trainer Workouts: The Jack Bauer Turbo Training Game
- What the Heck is a 650b Wheel? Will it Help my Mountain Biking?
- The sport of mountain biking has indeed come a long way ever since it first gained popularity with bike riding enthusiasts in the decade of the 1980s. Nowadays, you can see people of all ages dressed in their leaver hoodies pedaling their mountain bikes along bike trails for a bit of exercise while the more passionate riders are often seen participating in challenging races and triathlons. If you love mountain biking, you will truly appreciate this site!
I recently came across an event which really piqued my interest. I hadn’t heard of it before, but I’m not sure that’s surprising given how remote it is! It’s an…
For some just the thought of getting into the saddle as a fully grown adult is enough to send a shudder down their spine, but if you’ve been thinking about…
I’ve been asked by a few girls recently whether it’s really worth buying a mountain bike specific to ladies. What is it, they ask, that makes a Ladies Mountain Bike…
Mountain bike saddles get a lot of stick, but it’s fair to say you’d have an even more painful ride without one! It’s not exactly surprising, though, since even a…
So, apparently mountain bikes require maintenance. Yep, “Outrageous,” I hear you cry, that’s what I thought too. I buy this expensive, good quality piece of kit and it wont run…
Following on from my post earlier in the week about installing a new headset, I’ve come across an article on building your own headset press. Could be the way around…
It’s been a busy week for me so no trail reviews I’m afraid (I have one in the pipeline for next week so please bear with me!) but I’ve got…
Posted on August 28, 2012 | No CommentsIf you want to get away from it all and challenge your fitness and your riding ability, then these mountain bike trails offer you the chance to do that in...
Posted on July 4, 2011 | No CommentsToday, I’m mostly thinking about holidays… And mountain biking holidays in Scotland at that. Just back from the previous trip (mountain biking in Whistler, Canada) and already I’m day-dreaming about...
Posted on March 9, 2011 | No Comments‘It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,’ wrote Ernest Hemmingway, ‘since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them....
- Biking Kit No Comments
- Training No Comments